Instructions

Don't panic!

We know you need or cherish your electronic device and its contents. Remove all the contents from the Gadget Saver® bag. Now follow the easy steps set out below.

  • 1 If the device is powered off, leave it off. If the device has a removable battery, please remove it now. Remove any sim cards and memory cards if applicable. Devices with non removable batteries, just power the device off.
  • 2 The type of liquid that caused your accident is very important. If it was water, proceed directly to the next step. However, if the liquid has a sticky content we suggest you submerge your device briefly in a bowl of clean water (distilled water works best or boil some tap water and let it go cold) for approximately 5 seconds or until all air bubbles have stopped. Remove device, let the water drain out before proceeding to the next step.
  • 3 Use the supplied lint free cleaning cloth and gently soak up any excess liquid from the affected device. Use the supplied cotton swabs to gently dry & clean any exposed contacts. These swabs can also be used to dry & clean any difficult area like the screen & keypad.
  • 4 Now place the affected device along with the detached battery (sim & memory cards if applicable) and the Gadget Saver® Absorbency Pack back into the Gadget Saver® bag. For Gadget Saver® Medium Unfold the black internal bag and place the affected device along with the detached battery (sim & memory cards if applicable) and the Gadget Saver® Absorbency Pack ® into the supplied resealable black bag.
  • 5 Reseal the bag, gently expelling any excess air. We recommend you leave the device in the Gadget Saver® bag for a minimum of 8-12 hours.

After a minimum of 8-12 hours, remove your device from the Gadget Saver® bag; reattach the battery and any applicable accessories & recharge the device for a minimum of four hours (this recharges both main and internal batteries where applicable).Then power the device up.

Another gadget saved by Gadget Saver!

If your device does not power up...

...after use of the Gadget Saver® Package, try the following.

  • 1 If the device is powered off, leave it off. If the device has a removable battery, please remove it now. Remove any sim cards and memory cards if applicable. Devices with non removable batteries, just power the device off.
  • 2 The type of liquid that caused your accident is very important. If it was water, proceed directly to the next step. However, if the liquid has a sticky content we suggest you submerge your device briefly in a bowl of clean water (distilled water works best or boil some tap water and let it go cold) for approximately 5 seconds or until all air bubbles have stopped. Remove device, let the water drain out before proceeding to the next step.